Join us as Dr David Hamer of Boston University engages Dr Fabrice Simon of Laveran Military Teaching Hospital in a lively discussion of chikungunya infection in travellers: how is it spread, what are the clinical manifestations, and how do you treat it? This webinar is designed to assist clinicians who care for travellers provide timely and accurate advice about prevention and treatment of chikungunya infection. Join us on 8 February 2017.
Dr. Fabrice Simon, MD, PhD, France, Professor of Tropical Medicine and Infectious Diseases, Laveran Military Teaching Hospital, Marseille
Dr. David Hamer, MD, United States, Professor of Global Health and Medicine, Boston University Schools of Public Health
- Understand the epidemiology of chikungunya virus and the risk to travellers
- Learn typical clinical manifestations of acute chikungunya infection
- Review the persistent rheumatic disorders that may follow acute infection
- Enhance understanding of how travellers can reduce their risk of infection
- Understand the risk of chikungunya infection associated with travel
- Review the clinical manifestations of chikungunya infection including modes of transmission, incubation period, and typical symptoms
- Identify two types of post-chikungunya rheumatic disorders and how to treat them
- Examine strategies to prevent chikungunya infection in travellers
Who Should Attend:
- General practitioners who care for patients planning to travel to regions where chikungunya is prevalent
- Travel medicine practitioners, including doctors, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, and pharmacists.