What do you know about Zika? What are you telling your patients?
Join us as, ISTM President, Annelies Wilder-Smith moderates while Dr. Mary Wilson, from Harvard University, and Dr. Dipti Patel, NaTHNaC (National Travel Health Centre and Network), give us a lively update on our current understanding of Zika virus infection. Recommendations for prevention of Zika viral infection in travelers, including those attending the Rio 2016 Olympics, will be reviewed. The webinar is designed to assist clinicians who care for travelers, provide timely and accurate advice. Join us 28 July at 09.00 US Eastern time.
- Understand the unprecedented worldwide outbreak of Zika virus
- Learn about possible health issues for travelers to endemic regions, including the 2016 Olympics
- Review recommendations for counseling patients traveling to areas of Zika infection and care for the ill-returned traveler
- Provide overview of Zika virus and the epidemiology of recent outbreaks.
- Describe the clinical presentation including severe manifestations, with a focus on microcephaly.
- Discuss current recommendations for work up, diagnosis, and prevention.
Who Should Attend (List of 3-5 Titles/Roles):
- General practitioners who care for patients planning to travel to regions of Zika virus infection.
- Travel medicine practitioners, including doctors, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, and pharmacists.
- Public Health officials who may be involved with planning for response to Zika virus infection
- Athletic directors, team physicians, and athletic trainers who may be in a position to recommend health measures for team members.